Monday, July 05, 2010

Prop 19 Winning On Facebook

The Sacramento Bee reports the Prop 19 campaign- the upcoming ballot initiative to legalize and tax marijuana- has a Facebook page up with quite a lead over the opposition as far as Friends of the page go. Funny thing is, just yesterday I was searching Facebook for a Prop 19 site and couldn't find one.

I'm wondering if Facebook Friends numbers could be an half- way decent gauge of how campaigns might do in an election? I watched the Friends lists of both Downey and Hislop during our last Sheriff's race. I forget the exact numbers but Downey had Hislop beat early on with Facebook Friends and won the election handily.

Did anyone notice any instance this last election where a campaign with the fewest Facebook Friends won? Wouldn't it be weird if it turned out you had a good chance of predicting outcomes in elections by simply looking at which campaign had the most support on Facebook?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Ernie Branscomb said...

Polls show 49% against, 48% for, and 3% undecided.

.... typical California politics. The only thing certain is that the other side is certain that the others are idiots.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I don't like to get into predicting things like this, but I think it will lose. But, even if it does win, I think it will be close.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home