Saturday, August 14, 2010

I AIN'T GONNA DO IT, JUDGE!

The Triplicate reports a Del Norte County Sheriff's deputy has been arrested up there but is being held in the Humboldt County Jail. Perhaps interesting enough in its own right, but I'm more interested in the goings on at his arraignment in Crescent City.

Check out the supposed "heated exchange" between the judge and an attorney the judge tries to appoint as the deputy's public defender. It reads like there might be some bad blood between both not only the attorney and the defendant, but maybe the judge as well?

Does that sort of thing happen in court all the time?

4 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Del Norte County, Fred.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I know. I wrote Del Norte County Sheriff's Dept, and Crescent City is in Del Norte County.

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could be interesting at today's hearing if he pleads guilty or not.

Guess Del Norte County judges are a little fiesty. How could the judge force a public defender into defending a person he has had an issue with? Seems odd to me. I know everyone deserves an attorney but I sure would not want someone that starts out not on my side.

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The PD Davies is a nut but this is outrageous and he needs to have his contract pulled. Plus a complaint filed with the state bar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home