Friday, August 06, 2010

Navigating The Journal

Is it just me? Am I the only one that's been having problems finding articles on the North Coast Journal's new and improved web site? Seems like ever since they changed their page layout when you click on a link to one of the stories, you just get sent to a page with more links to the same stories.

I've tried 3 or 4 times, so far, to find the story about the Ridgewood Heights development but can't find the actual story, just more links. I did find Joel Mielke's cartoon, though.

Addendum: Here's the pages I get after I go to their home page and click on the "Mega Village" link. Mega Village takes me to this page. Clicking the "On The Cover" link takes me to this page.

Ok. I see that the title "Mega Village" is actually a link but isn't underlined or look like a link in any other way. Clicking on the actual title does take you to the story. I see now. It doesn't appear underlined as a link until I move the cursor over it.

8 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Ryan Burns said...

Go to our homepage, click on the title of the story: "Mega-village." Voila.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I did. Doesn't work for me. I'll post links to the progression of pages I get as an addendum to my original post.

Maybe it's a Firefox thing?

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Rose said...

Hank has said you just have to use google. I agree it is not working. And I don't use Firefox.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Like I mentioned in my addendum, the title of the story is actually a link. It just doesn't look like one. When you put your cursor over the title, it's underlined as a link. I thought the blue colored words were links because of the different color. They are links, but they just send you in circles.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Ryan Burns said...

You can also click on the image above the "blue colored words."

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new NCJ site is a huge improvement. Works great.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

There's no accounting for personal tastes. I preferred the old format. Less confusing. New page seems a bit too "busy" for my tastes.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Hank Sims said...

Hank has said you just have to use google.

I said WHAT NOW? I said no such thing.

Want the total table of contents for the current issue? Go to the home page. Click on the cover image.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home