Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Winco CEO In Town

Their big boss is here.

I was walking towards Winco's deli section about an hour ago and noticed an well dressed older guy speaking with one of the Winco employees. I guess it caught my eye because the guy seemed better dressed than most up here. I went about my business.

As I was walking by the beer section I saw yet another well dressed guy speaking with another Winco employee. Their clothes seemed awfully similar- colorwise, anyway. I figured something must be up in the store so made a point of getting a closer look and noticed the guy had an name tag on his coat pocket. I took a close look at it.

Yep, he was a Winco employee and the label identified him as the President/CEO of Winco. Wow! The boss of all those stores.

He noticed me passing by looking at him and greeted me with "Hi". The he seemed to go out of his way a bit and asked how I was doing. He seemed quite engaging. He caught me by surprise with that and I just muttered I was doing fine and scurried off.

Shame. He seemed generally interested in meeting some of the customers and I might have enjoyed chatting with him. Nice guy.

If I'd have anything in particular to bring up I suppose it would be if they'd thought of redesigning the entrance and exits so you could enter and exit through either side of the store as you can with Safeway. I guess I blew my chance.

3 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Ekovox said...

Oh, Fred...You blew your chance. I'm guessing he really would have been quite engaging to talk to.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Do I detect some sarcasm?

Actually, he seemed like he was really interested in hearing from folks. He was in a conversation with one of the workers there and he stopped in the middle of it and actually looked at me to greet me.

That may not seem like much to read it, but I was impressed he paid as much attention to me as he did.

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Joel Mielke said...

I hope that he likes my cartoons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home