Sunday, December 25, 2011

Have A Crappy Christmas

I'll continue with my off and on tradition of trying to ruin as many people's Christmas as I can. You can read my past rants here. My favorite is probably the December 26, 2005 post. Suffice it to say, I hate Christmas. Always have.

No need to go over the same old stuff, but I will mention a few updates:

It's bad enough that Christmas still exists. Even worse that I seem to have noticed more houses with decorations than last year. Maybe it's just me? If not, it's a real disappointment as I was under the impression that practice was on the wane.
******
I've thought off and on over the years about donating a few bucks to the two radio stations I normally listen to. Both are non- profits: KMUD and KHSU. I gave up with KMUD for their politics, but now it's reaffirmed as they were playing Christmas music today. I'll never donate to KHSU, either, as they've been playing Christmas related music just about all week. I'll never donate money to a radio station that plays Christmas music.
******
I tried something new this year and did a Google search for "I Hate Christmas". I was hoping to find some like minded souls out there. The results looked promising at first glance. Taking a closer look, though, showed most the web sites are just the usual comedic spoofs of people trying to be funny or those complaining the holiday is simply too "commercialized".

This site here came pretty close but she seems to focus on the usual complaints of commercialization and a bunch of other lefty things such as killing trees. Even with that, if I thought she was serious I might have enjoyed it more.

I thought I found Hate Christmas nirvana with this forum. The first post wasn't all that good and when I tried to read the second it told me I had to register to go further. The registration wouldn't even accept the username I tried to use so I gave up. I'll give them credit for a nice try.

I finally found a home on the I Hate Christmas Facebook group. Yes! Finally some like minded Christmas haters. Ok, maybe not all of them. Some seem to be complaining about the same lame stuff others already have, like its association with shopping and Christianity.

Still, looks like there's at least some of my mind set there and I've been surprised at the number of women in the group. I've noticed what seems to be at least one soulmate there. She posted, "This day is fucking ridiculous.... And christmas shoppers are scary. Every year is getting worse and every year I have a bigger urge to just give some people shit wrapped in a newspaper as presents. Show them how much fuck I really give about them and this fucking day.".

My kind of gal, except I don't bother with Xmas presents. That shit wrapped in newspaper sounds like a fun idea, though. I'd love to figure out a way to sneak a bunch of those under someone's Christmas tree.

Maybe she could make a Hate Christmas guest post here next year? Now that would be something about Christmas I could enjoy!

One of the folks on that Facebook page also reminded the group that, according to that Mayan calendar issue, there's a possibility the world will end next December and this might well be the last Christmas we'll have to suffer through. That certainly places the end of the world into a much better light with me.

So, have a rotten Christmas, and let's hope the Mayans are right and it's the last one.

8 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure the Republican's would think Obama hates Christmas more that you Fred

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zko9vIaKqcc

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Ernie Branscomb said...

Sorry to disappoint you Fred, but I'm having a great Christmas. Just my wife and mother and I. We are going to drive to the Coast to gather our traditional Christmas bucket of mussels. Then we come home and have fillet mignon after the ocean is too rough to get out on the mussel rocks.

I don’t understand why you don’t like Christmas there is so much that is right about it. One of the things that is right is that you don’t even have to celebrate if you don’t want to. I’m Not a Christian, nor even any kind of a religious believer for that matter, but I do enjoy the REAL things about Christmas. Like it’s good to simply take a day off work. I could go on but I don’t want to make you mad.

Have a lousy Christmas you grouch. (LOL)

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Ernie Branscomb said...

Beside, I know that you enjoy Christmas because you bitch about it every year. What else could you do for fun this time of year?

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred, are you a Jehovah's Witness?

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

...are you a Jehovah's Witness?.

No, I'm not religious at all, but they are my favorite religion if only because they don't vote.

 
At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, Jehovah's Witnesses don't celebrate Christmas.

I find it funny to see Christians celebrating a holiday rife with Pagan traditions, one of which is explicitly singled out for derision in the Old Testament.

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Decline to State said...

While I'm sympathetic to your cause Fred I don't believe I can go so far as to say I hate Christmas. I just don't approve and wonder at those that are duped into participating.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I just don't approve and wonder at those that are duped into participating.

That's close enough for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home