Thursday, December 01, 2011

Jim, Rene' and Jerry

We were watching Nature on KEET last night. The show was titled Why We Love Cats and Dogs. One of the couples featured on the show seemed familiar to me. I told Connie, "I think those two are from Eureka". The more I watched the show the more sure I was.

As soon as it was over I turned on the computer and, sure enough, I was right:

I'm sure at least some here remember Jim Nelson and Rene' Agredano. They used to write the Times- Standard's Tech Talk column every now and then. I remembered the two if only from the names and their photos that would accompany that column. I also remembered them writing that they'd be leaving the area for some reason or another.

The show covered their journey in an RV as they spent time with their dog, Jerry, who was dying of cancer. A touching show if you get the chance to see it and Jim and Rene's segment probably got the most time of all the people and animals featured, including their own spot on the PBS web page linked to above.

Just noticed after reading their interview on the PBS page that they also wrote a blog for Jerry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home