Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Rolling Up And Replacing Dead Blogs

A number of blogs, local and otherwise, haven't been updated in months. Among them are Bob Huck's, Chocolate Covered Xanax and Lynette's NorCal History blog. Special shame with Lynette's as I really enjoyed the local history.

I'm sure we'd all prefer they get those blogs up and running again but it looks unlikely after two months or more. As I've written before, it's time to roll 'em up and shut 'em down. No use clogging up cyberspace with a dead blog.

The biggest bummer is the Classically Liberal blog. It held the honor of being listed on the sidebar here. Great commentary and one of the best at debunking claims by the global warming crowd and other political correctness.

I posted a comment to his blog a few weeks ago asking what was going on. He hadn't posted since April. No response. I guess that means the end of Classically Liberal. What to do now about his link in the sidebar?

I could just remove it, but I wanted to replace it with more great thought. I'm giving the honor of taking his place to Glenn Greenwald. I've only paid close attention to him lately since he's been featured on Antiwar.com.

Last week he posted another great piece where he made the case that Obama is more likely than Romney to attack Iran. He makes a good point, contrary to how I'd been thinking about it.

His writing and thought is very similar to my old favorite, Radley Balko, so he's the perfect commentator to fill the shoes of Classically Liberal.

3 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh yes, the global warming crowd, otherwise known as 99.99% of the scientific community. I read you for the laughs.

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This guy use to be on your side Fred

http://www.sfgate.com/default/article/About-face-on-climate-change-3751691.php

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Not really, from what I've been hearing. There's also been some good debunking of him you'll find around. Delingpole, for one: http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100173174/global-warming-yeah-right/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home