Thursday, October 25, 2012

Reason's Presidential Preferences

Even Romney and Obama fans might find this Reason piece of interest. Staff and writers for the magazine give their preferences in the Presidential election, including who they voted for in 2000, 2004 and 2008. They also opine on who will be best or worst between Obama and Romney in regards various policy issues.

It's lengthy, with up to 18 opinions (I didn't count). I found it a fun, sometimes infuriating, read. The most infuriating coming from otherwise libertarian oriented guys who aren't voting. There's also some whose thinking I don't follow such as the two or more that voted for Bush in 2004. I could see a Bush vote in 2000, but after Iraq? And, yes, there's a few that voted Obama.

I found some quotable comments. For example: " ...it's better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it."- David Boaz (he's not saying who he's voting for, but it seems like an easy guess).

I would have collected more if I'd thought of it when I first started reading. Feel free to paste any good ones you find in the comments.

3 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd appreciate knowing what Steve wrote, unless it was pure commercial spam. Who is so delicate as to be offended by speech?

I can't vote for Romney because he's Mormon. I'm all for religious freedom, but some of the theology, some of the ideals sworn to by adherents, are destructive for any nation on Earth.

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Buzz said...

" Who is so delicate as to be offended by speech?"

Fred.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

It was just a religious guy asking us to visit his blog. Nothing pertinent to the post, although I suppose his 8:30 comment is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home