Thursday, February 28, 2013

Local Media Alert!!!

HEY, EVERYBODY!!! They're gonna film a commercial on my street corner. As I write this they're setting up on the corner of Trinity and E streets in Eureka.

I was wondering who these guys were. I was loading up my truck for work and a bunch of cars started parking nearby. A bunch of guys and a gal got out as if they were there to do something. Thought it might be city workers but no city logo on the cars.

I ended up asking one of them what they were doing. Real pleasant guy said they were doing a commercial for Caltrans about street crossing safety. He said this was the last cut after six days up here and, being from Sacramento, they were really enjoying it.

I told him to be sure and get my house in the picture, but I don't think they will. Didn't take any pictures cause I don't have much time and it's a hassle getting them onto this computer.

Update: Maybe they will have some of my house in the commercial. One of the guys just asked me if I could move my truck. I told him I'd be leaving in about 20 minutes to go to work and he said that would be fine.

5 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow,

reads like a movie set....was there a special events permit issued?

Anyhow, feels so good to know tax dollars go to Cal-Trans for commercials on crosswalk safety when "the laws" are already in existence to explain how to use a "crosswalk", aside from common sense.

In Arcata, tax dollars went to a few signs that read "Bicycle friendly city". Huh, as if that sign makes a difference to lower costs, tell people to look down at the bicycle lanes, etc... Wasted tax dollars to erect signage that causes no less than increased BLIGHT, obstruction while using sidewalks, another sign to keep clean and readable, etc... Government Waste to be all pransy fancy when country is now around $17 trillion in debt. - HOJ

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It' for the new reality show:

"Arkleyille, USA"

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were trying to keep a low profile ;)

These PSAs were funded with safety funds from the Federal Highways Administration.

HOJ, I hear you about "common sense", but how does that saying go? There is nothing as uncommon as common sense?

Phil Frisbie, Jr.
Caltrans
707-441-4678

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And yes, Caltrans had a Special Event Permit from the City of Eureka.

Phil Frisbie, Jr.

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Henchman Of Justice" says,

Good to know Phil Frisbie, but don't ya think the tax dollars could have been better spent, like on bridges, roadways, etc...; or, dare HOJ ask, could it not have been better to "not collect the taxes in the first place just to waste on a commercial/PSA?"

Anyhow, HOJ knows you don't make the allocations and appropriations of tax dollars, just spend it darned it, spend it. - HOJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home