Thursday, February 07, 2013

New Debunking Blog

Just stumbled onto this new blog dedicated to debunking some of the things we read in the news each day about food and health. His most recent post looks into the claim from Canada that raising prices on alcohol 10% decreases alcohol related deaths by 30%. Not true, says he. He makes a good case.

About the only thing I find confusing in his writing is that he's not from the U.S. so some references he makes are hard to put in context. I've added him to my blog list.
~~~~~
FWIW, I found the above link in a comment while reading David Friedman's Ideas blog. His most recent post being one in which he looks at the claim that second hand smoke is responsible for more than 50,000 deaths a year in this country.

I think he may be related to the late Milton Friedman and might have read something to that effect. I can see a resemblance.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home