Sunday, November 17, 2013

I Saw JFK....Maybe

More and more stuff in the news lately about John F. Kennedy as we approach the anniversary of his assassination. I found this a fun read on the various conspiracy theories surrounding his death.

I might actually have seen him once, although it was more of a kinda thing even if I did. We were at some big event when we lived in Mexico. It could have been a state fair, or some such. I remember my father pointing to a cluster of people maybe 50 yards away and saying "That's the president over there".

I'd like to think I saw a dark haired white guy in the center of all those people that would have been Kennedy. Maybe I did, or maybe my mind is making that up? Anyway, there was a cluster of people and one of the people was some president. I can't be sure about the timeline, though.

I first heard of the assassination while in Mrs. Gordon's 3rd grade class at Sycamore School in Tustin, CA. She came in and announced it to the class. That was the first American school I'd attended after we returned to the country. I'm not sure how long we'd been in the U.S. at that point. Maybe 6 months or a year?

Since we lived in Mexico for 3 years or so prior to that, that could have put us down there during at least a year or two of Kennedy's term. I wonder if there's any way to find out if he visited Mexico as president?

4 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Steve Lewis said...

Your topic reminded me the two weird things that happened to me relating to the Kennedy assassinations. I met Kerry Thornley by accident not too long after the JFK assassination in L.A. and remember he took us looking for marijuana plants which he mistook for a common weed growing all around dirt areas in L.A. and all over SoCal. Kerry knew Oswald before the assassination. Then RFK gets offed by Sirhan Sirhan and I distinctly remember a Middle East student named Sirhan something in our Hoover High School senior English class I took. Sirhan Sirhan graduated from Pasadena High next city over same year I did.

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

President John F. Kennedy in Mexico, June 29, 30 & July 1, 1962

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUoRcrGhNRI

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

...in Mexico, June 29, 30 & July 1, 1962.

Thanks. Maybe I did see him then? About the only thing is, no mention of him stopping by any sort of fair. Also, what I thought my father pointed out was a group of maybe two dozen or so people circled around one guy. If he got that big a reception in Mexico, wouldn't there have been a lot more people crowding him when I thought I saw him?

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Steve Lewis said...

I've been looking at reports of the two Kennedy assassinations and the more I look the more I see Cover-up of real assassins and patsies made to pay for their acts that have never been caught out in the open, at least not yet. In both cases, the alleged "killers" are not capable of physically firing the fatal shots because of being in the wrong place for the bullet directions. Some day I am going to try to contact Sirhan Sirhan to see if he was the Sirhan in my Glendale High School class which is right next door to his high school in Pasadena where he graduated. I wonder if he took a special class at my high school because I never saw him anywhere else on campus but in that classroom. I am curious now and I wonder if this post is being filtered through NSA spy posts and being flagged...ah America, the land of the free, where did it go? Anyone seen it lately?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home