Thursday, February 20, 2014

Transparency & Paranoia

The Daily Caller reports the Obama Administration will no longer release information on drone strikes, at least to the public. I'm sure there are some that think they should never have released such information in the first place.
*******
Writers and readers at the Huffington Post seem to be poking fun at Fox News' Megan Kelly for her concerns about having government "researchers" inside news rooms determining whether news is biased. I only saw one comment that got it right: Many, if not most, of those ridiculing Kelly would be screaming bloody murder if it was the Bush Administration proposing the same thing.
********
Reason magazine's Damon Root takes a look at yet another writer upset about "paranoid libertarians". Call me paranoid but I certainly am a bit frightened, especially of those who keep telling us that government power is nothing to worry about.

4 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like a media bias law like exists in the UK. As a result, Sky News (Fox) is actually a decently unbiased news channel.

I'd settle for a simple law making it illegal for a news program to knowingly provide false information. That would do wonders.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I'd settle for a simple law making it illegal for a news program to knowingly provide false information. That would do wonders.

The problem with that being that many folks would have different opinions of what false information is. Most on The Left would like to have Fox News shut down, although I've never heard those on The Right suggest shutting down any of the other news channels.

I see no reasonable way to accomplish your desire for "true" news.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Joe Blow said...

There's no law anymore Fred anymore than there's "truth"? There's only your truth and my truth, and worthless rules (of the road) everything else is just redundant shades of grey?

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

There's only your truth and my truth, and worthless rules (of the road) everything else is just redundant shades of grey?

Wow! Are you insightful, or what?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home