Saturday, March 01, 2014

Eureka's Most Wanted

The Times- Standard announces Eureka Police Department's "new" Most Wanted program. They'll be publishing pictures of thieves wanted by police.

Except I don't think this is anything new. They were publishing most wanted pictures up until fairly recently. Maybe it's because they restarted them under the new police chief? Or maybe it's because these are just petty thieves and the old ones involved more serious crimes? Or maybe that last version was Humboldt's Most Wanted? I forget if it was Eureka's or Humboldt's.

Regardless, I don't recognize any on the current list. I'm not sure what that says about me. Either I don't hang in bad crowds, or maybe I don't get out enough?

3 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

I didn't either. Let's count our blessings.

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least they are soliciting a little bit of the public's help I remember when the new chief first got in and he was threatening to limit public access to information to a press conference once a month because apparently citizens are so incompetent they shouldn't even know what's going on in their own neighborhood thank God we have the public officials to keep us all safe I rest easier at night knowing help is only 45 minutes away..
THC

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They published it right before they caught a few on the list. Coincidence?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home