Thursday, March 27, 2014

Sex Trafficking?

We're all victims of some sort nowadays, aren't we? Still, one of the latest fronts in the victim movement that's irked me from the start is the grandstanding over supposed sex trafficking. It seems just about every story about prostitution stings I've read in the Santa Rosa Press- Democrat lately throws in trafficking. It's usually the police that use the term so we'll feel better about their work. 

I had to comment on a recent story that of all the 3 or so years I worked in juvenile hall, I could only recall one girl that was an active prostitute. She was a good looking, fairly bright girl. From what I could tell she did it simply as an easy way to make decent money.

A sex worker (prostitute, for those of you from Arcata) wrote up a quiz that gives some of the reasons girls work in the sex trade. Anyone can take it and decide for themselves if they're victims, or potential victims, of sex trafficking.

6 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you saying you dont believe there is such a thing?
do you believe 12 & 13 year old girls get into prostitution on their own?
you are an ignorant man.

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred reminds me a lot of Karl Pilkington.

If you're familiar with Mr. Pilkington, I'll bet you know exactly what I'm talking about. If not, sorry, it would take too long to explain.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Are you saying you dont believe there is such a thing?

Nope. I'm just saying it's vastly overblown. Take the test, asshole. Learn to understand the dynamics of prostitution.

Fred reminds me a lot of Karl Pilkington.

Never heard of the guy.

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm from Arcata. Prostitute or sex worker, regardless what's your beef?

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe his BS is the fact that there's a big difference between a woman freely choosing to be a prostitute for financial reasons and one being forced into it..the police and media tends to make it sound like all prostitutes are forced to do it against their will which just is not true many choose to do it as a easy way to make money or being the only thing they know how to do
THC

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Ernie Branscomb said...

How do I get sucked into this crap?

Even though I agree with Fred that most girls engage in prostitution willingly, I don't agree that it is right for them to do so. No woman is mature enough to be able to make a sound decision about such a thing until they are at least 21. Most women, (and men) are not really mature until about 25-28.(Years of observation)

Proof of that would be to see how many regret the indiscretions of their youth. Smoking would be another good example.

NO adult man should ever accept sex from a young woman no matter how willing she may be. That's why there are statutory rape laws.

I know they are sweet, but they way out of bounds...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home