Saturday, March 08, 2014

St. Joes Buys Eureka Internal Medicine

I had no idea until informed by the wife yesterday that St. Joseph's Health Systems bought Eureka Internal Medicine. Yet another medical practice taken over by St. Joes. I'm not sure how many local private practices they've taken over, but it seems to be quite a few.

Hopefully any changes will be good ones rather than bad, although I'm not sure I can think of one instance when a buyout ended up with positive changes. The only thing the wife mentioned as changing, so far, is their office hours. 

I'm not happy about this. I'm sure some won't like it because St. Joseph's is a Catholic organization. That doesn't bother me. What bothers me is if St. Joseph's goes down the tubes, a whole bunch of local private practices might well go down with them. 

At the same time, if Eureka Internal Medicine might have closed down had St. Joseph's not bought them out, I suppose that's a good thing. I'm not sure that's the case.

4 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Religion and medical science should not mix. Patients become victims.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

That's plain silly.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

No, it's not. Reproductive rights shouldn't depend on the whims/religious beliefs of medical providers.

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie makes a good point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home