Thursday, April 10, 2014

Bulk Trash Removal

By that I mean disposal of "bulky items", such as mattresses or washing machines. This morning's Times- Standard article doesn't make it clear that if you live in Eureka or Arcata where garbage pick up is mandated, part of the deal is they'll pick up bulk items for free. 

I don't know about Arcata but in Eureka they'll pick up two items a year at no additional cost. In Eureka, just call 442-5711 to schedule a pick up. Not sure who to call in Arcata as it's not listed on the Recology site.

4 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Anonymous EVie said...

This is so good to know. I saw some furniture next to some cans and thought they were dreaming. Who knew. I live outside the mandated area and haul my own trash but this is good news for others.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

If you're outside the mandate areas and have appliances to dispose of, it doesn't cost all that much to take them to City Garbage and dump them at the recycling center. They weigh them and you pay a certain amount per pound.

I was also unaware until the other day I went there they take something like the first four of the compact fluorescent light bulbs free. They also take a certain number of car batteries free. I forget how many.

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The item can be more than one, they just need to be wrapped together so the truck can pick it up as one item. There is a size requirement. Call to find out what size limits are.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Thanx for the clarification. Still just two pick ups per year, but can be more than one item per pick up, if I'm understanding right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home