Thursday, October 16, 2014

Cooking for Wellness

I was out in my garage yesterday afternoon when I heard car doors close out in front of the house. I went out to see who it might be and saw a car parked behind my truck with two women on the sidewalk. They were looking at my house as if they were going to approach it but when they saw me I could see the one lady point to me and they headed my direction.

Both of them wore green aprons that said Saladmaster on them. The older one came up to me and said they wanted to make me a salad. Thinking it was some new entrepreneurial effort in town I thought that interesting so listened and asked a few questions. She ended up saying they only make the salad inside the person's house as they wanted it to be just right and perfectly healthy.

Interesting idea for a business, I thought. I told them I was famous local blogger and if they had a brochure they could give me with more info about themselves I'd give them a plug. The older one had just one small flyer she showed me but didn't seem interested in letting me keep it. I got the impression it might be the only one they had.

Looking at the brochure, there wasn't much on it. No contact info at all. No phone number, web site address or anything. I thought that strange but just chalked it up to naivete on their part. Hey, if you're starting or running a business, shouldn't you give people a way to get hold of you?

I asked about contact info and she told me to go to the Cooking for Wellness web site. With that, I told her I wasn't interested in a salad right then but I'd check out the web site and give them a plug.

I went inside to write down the address and mentioned it to Connie. She said something along the line of, "Yeah, I've seen them before". She went on to tell me they sell cookware- very expensive cookware. They do the salad thing to get into your house and then try and talk you into buying their very expensive cookware.

Nope. That's not for me, but this is the plug I promised them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home