Saturday, November 01, 2014

Halloween Getting Better

A Facebook Friend commented last night about giving out Halloween candy. He seems to enjoy it. I don't, but things are getting better.

I always thought it rude when you don't have any Halloween decorations on your house yet kids come by and try to hit you up anyway. As far as I'm concerned, no decorations means not interested. I wouldn't expect kids to realize that but their parents should.

This is the second year that we've had no trick or treat kids come by the house. It seems kids and their parents are learning. I like that.

5 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never equated house decorations with whether or not one is participating by giving out candy. I thought that having the porch light on was the signal. Anyway, Hallowe'en has become too commercial and has been hijacked by adults.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Good point. I forgot about the porch light. We nearly always have ours off unless we're expecting someone. Yet the kids would come to our door, anyway.

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only invitation to trick- or - treater's is a porch light. I view it as a matter of upholding an American tradition. The only people who seem to give out candy today are older people who remember tradition.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I'm 59 and view it as a tradition I'd like to see gotten rid of.

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life would be great if kids didn't exist, right Fred?.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home