Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Dr. Ladika's Rant

Doctor Courtney Ladika makes her debut in the letters to the editor of the Times- Standard suggesting the intersection of Harris and Dolbeer Streets in Eureka needs a stoplight. She seems to have almost been hit by a car while crossing Harris Street there.

Seems to me that's a fairly bad place to cross a street by foot or car, anyway, as it's on a rise with cars coming uphill to it from both directions. Aside from that, Dolbeer Street doesn't seem to me to have enough traffic when it reaches Harris to warrant a stoplight.

It would make more sense to just walk half a block down to Harrison and cross there where there is a stoplight and crosswalk. It might also make her a little safer if she'd take those speaker things out of her ears and pay attention to her surroundings when she's out walking. I saw her walking by the water district once and she seemed oblivious to the goings on around her.

I'll have to remember to tell her that during my next appointment.

Addendum: Hee, hee. I just tried sending her a link to this blog post through the Redwood Family Practice "Patient Portal" web site. Wonder if she'll get it? Link wouldn't format right in the message so it may not work.

2 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd prefer if Dr. Ladika spent more time following up with her office staff to return her patients calls. Something that she fails miserably at. My insurance company assigned her as my Dr. and she offered a prescription and then promptly forgot to order it. Every time I asked her a question she would pull out her smart phone to look up an answer.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Redwood Family Practice won't accept Obamacare plans, at least last I'd heard. Good for you that they accept yours.

She's pretty good with my one prescription. She orders or renews it via her laptop while I'm in with her. The only problem being Rite Aid always takes a renewal as a refill order and calls me by the time I get home saying my prescriptions ready when I still might have months left.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home