Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Suddenlink Problem Fixed

It seems it was the box that was causing the Suddenlink remote not to work. I got to wondering yesterday afternoon if there was some way to reset the box. Easy enough, I figured, just by unplugging it from the power strip. Maybe that would correct whatever problem had developed?

I went in, unplugged it, then plugged it back in. Once the clock display went back to normal I tried turning it on with the remote. It worked...except the TV screen was still black. Then I had to figure out how to get the TV to get input from the box again. Figured that out quick enough.

Then I was a bit confused because the screen was still black, but had a message scrolling across it apologizing for "...disruption in services". Could it be just coincidence an outage occurred while I'm trying to solve a problem? I wasn't sure, but it looked like a normal outage message. The Guide worked again, though, so I used it check a bunch of different channels. They all had the same message.

I still wanted to make sure it wasn't something I did so went to the computer to contact Suddenlink tech support and ask if they knew of an outage in our area. I'd just brought up the page to enter my personal info when I heard the TV start "talking" in the other room. NBC News it sounded like to me. Yep, it was working. My reset got the remote working right again.

We'll wait and see for how long as it worked fine the first two or three days after installation.

2 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you got the TV off NBC news and back on FOX News where it belongs.

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my suggestion

sign up for direct tv

get 30,000 miles on united

thats almost one round trip

ticket in the usa

send the wife on a nice vacation

here is the link

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/index.jsp?DID=1769581&CMP=INT-rpro-dtv-aff-uao-mpe-0-0-10061309

 

Post a Comment

<< Home