Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Get Rid of Caps?

I was trying to post a neat thing Mike (World's Dirtiest Jobs) Rowe posted on Facebook. No matter what I do I just get an embed with a giant picture, so I'll give up on that.

In the meantime, in my spam box yesterday I couldn't help but notice the subject of an e-mail. Something about getting rid of upper case letters. Clicking on the link led me to this web site where the writer makes a case for getting rid of capital letters.

It's an ok case, but not a good one. I say NO! I'll be the first to admit I'm horrible with grammar, punctuation and proper application of capital letters. Still, we shouldn't forsake at least attempting to write properly because it might take too much thought and effort. Dump the caps for text messaging. For all other writing they should stay.

2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

Thank you. I totally agree.

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JAYSUZ1 HOW ELSE CAN I EXERCISE MY IST AMENDMENT RIGHT TO RANT ON THE INTERNET WITH THOSE DAMN CAPS?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home