Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Lesbian Agrees With The Freddy

I was kinda stoked earlier today. Went by a place to mow the lawn. A married lesbian couple own the place. I've been working for them for years. Kathy comes out and I feign going off on her:

"You damned LGBT types really piss me off! Blah, blah, blah &#!%/?###! Grrr...". Then I got back to normal and explained I was really pissed off about the reaction, specifically from the Left and LGBT types, over the Indiana RFRA. I went on to say nobody tells me who I associate or do business with. 

I was surprised she seemed to agree so quickly. She replied that at ******* **** (their business), they "...reserve the right to refuse service to anyone". I told her we need to reaffirm that right and that the Indiana thing doesn't go far enough, especially since it only offers protection to religious types. She agreed again, making note of the religious part. 

Not a total victory, though. I was told by one of their neighbors a short time later they were planning a long cross country trip and would be passing through Indiana but not buying anything. Kathy had said something about that, but not about their little boycott. Oh, well. You have to appreciate the small victories.

10 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank god Freddy is not in a position of power

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A sign on the wall doesn't allow you to break the law or the Constitution:

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/restaurants-right-to-refuse-service.html

So Are "We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone" Signs in Restaurants Legal?

"Yes, however they still do not give a restaurant the power to refuse service on the basis of race, color, religion, or natural origin. These signs also do not preclude a court from finding other arbitrary refusals of service to be discriminatory. Simply put, restaurants that carry a "Right to Refuse Service" sign are subject to the same laws as restaurants without one."

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that some of my best friends are Hoosiers and I think it's just awful how people are bashing them. People should remember that our country was founded on Hoosier ideals and that Hoosiers put the 'H' in Hospitality. So please be kind to them. They can't help the way they are and anyway I luv corn and jello
too!!!!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

How did they ever come to be called Hoosiers, anyway? Anybody know?

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous A Guy said...

Whaddya' mean "not a total victory." Hey, if the restaurant/store/whatever reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, why can't I refuse to do business with them as well? My boycott of the merchant should not be any more offensive than their boycott of me. If they're real capitalists, the only thing they should care about is the color of my money.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

" My boycott of the merchant should not be any more offensive than their boycott of me."

Thanks for that. I have been thinking how ironic the proposed boycotts of Indiana (or anywhere else) are, when it's just the reverse of a similar attack.

In this case, the law really doesn't do anything, yet The Left wants to attack Indiana and its businesses. And that's just for legislation that doesn't do anything.

We've seen it before with boycotts and public outcry with proposed boycotts of companies where a guy under consideration for CEO was canned (was it Google?) simply because he supported Prop 8 (which I opposed). That candidate for CEO withdrew his name from consideration.

Yet one or two cases of people refusing to participate in same sex marriages prompts a law that gets The Left's panties in a wad and calls for a statewide boycott over a law that does nothing.

The hypocrisy is quite loud, as I see it.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Forgot to mention, I have no problem with boycotts, just as I have no problem with individuals or businesses making their own decisions who they'll do business with. Isn't that the American Way?

 
At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I have no problem with individuals or businesses making their own decisions who they'll do business with. Isn't that the American Way?"

Channeling your inner George Wallace and Lester Maddox?

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

It's well-known that the KKK was not headquartered in the Deep Sayouth, but in Indiana. Just sayin.

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

on't think we need a special law that says certain people get to be rude to other people because they think God is on their side, but I also don't want a law that says I have to do business with people I disagree with if I'm a really stupid business person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home