Monday, April 27, 2015

Ooops! A Cellphone Screw Up

I was out in my garage yesterday. My sister-in-law, Jeannette, had set up a small sidewalk sale across the street in front of her house. I saw her walking across the sidewalk talking on her cellphone so decided to jerk her around.

I went inside, grabbed my cellphone, turned it on and sent her a text message: "Put the cellphone down- Fred". I peeked around the corner of the garage to see what she'd do. She was sitting at her table by then. I thought I saw her reach down and grab her cellphone then put it back down, but then I get a reply: "This is not Fred". 

What? Quick texting on her end, but I'm figuring adding my name at the end of my message confused her. Then I get a text reply of "?", then "Who are you trying to contact?". I reply, "You. I'm messing with you.". At that point I figure I'd better go across the street and explain my mischief. 

I go over and asked Jeannette if she was enjoying my text messages. She says, "I didn't get any text messages from you, at least I don't think I did. Let me check.". She looks at her phone and says, "Nope. Nothing from you". What??? Uh, oh!

I ask her what her phone number is. She gives it to me and the one I have is slightly off- last two numbers of the first three are different.  I tell her what number I have and she again repeats hers. Not quite the same. I had 845 and hers was 834.

Ooops! Wrong number! I have to change Jeannette's number on my cell phone list but, before I do, I send another text to whoever I was calling: "Sorry. Wrong number." then turned my phone off. Turning the phone on this morning her reply was in que: "No problem".

Sorry about that whoever you are. Now you know how and why it happened.
*****
Speaking of cell phones, both Jeannette and I were having problems reading our phones out in the bright afternoon sun. I'm sure we're not the only ones. The cell phone companies need to work on making the screen view along the lines of those LED signs that are easy to read no matter how bright the sun is.

1 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nokia clear black technology fixes the sun glare problem Fred.
Look into their Lumia line of Windows phones if it's that important to you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home