Monday, May 18, 2015

Recycling Trivia

I went to the City Garbage recycling center yesterday and took these along. They're used more and more to replace styrofoam for packing things nowadays. I've always wondered if they were recyclable. Same as those fiber type egg cartons. I think they're made out of generally the same stuff.

The guy told me I could go ahead and throw them in with the mixed plastic containers, but they're actually at the end up their useful life and will likely just end up as compost. I didn't think to ask him if it would be okay to throw them in the green waste bin.


Now you know.

1 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

If they're clean, you can drop them off at the Sequoia Park Zoo gift shop and they will recycle them by using them for the animals, for enrichment activities involving poster paints etc. I take a bag or two over when they pile up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home