Sunday, July 12, 2015

Energy Rates Going Up

Calwatchdog takes a look at the latest plan by powers- that- be to raise our energy rates. It's somewhat confusing to me. I can't help but wonder if that's by design? Makes it harder to point fingers. All that seems sure is high energy users will pay less, those using less pay more.

I believe our PG&E bill has gone up at least 50% over the last year or two. Used to be this time of year we'd pay a $25ish, or a bit more. Our latest bill was $37.00 plus change. I'm pretty sure that's mostly a result of AB32, that global warming crap. I've read it can be expected to go higher from that alone. If so, that means with the new rate structure most of us will see our bills go yet even higher than with AB32 alone.

I'm not sure why they can't just charge everyone the same, with some exceptions for wholesale purchases. 

2 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

My PG&E bill is 5x yours and the paper they send me makes it very clear that I pay more when I use more. So I get all enthusiastic about saving energy and then they send me a memo saying I could save $168 a year by conserving. I wish they had phrased it in a way that would make it seem more worthwhile.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Ouch! But you think that's bad; My in law across the street told me his PG%E bill averaged around $300.00 a month, and that might have been ten years ago when I asked him about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home