Saturday, July 11, 2015

I Need a Stylus Pen

I almost have this new tablet figured out. Using a web page for my bookmarks looks like about all I can do at this point. I ran into one problem with that. The small screen makes the links small and too close together. That makes it hard to choose a particular link.

This morning I figured I'd just open the bookmarks file in Netscape Composer again and separate the links from each other. Rather than this,

Link1
Link2
Link3

I'd make them spread out like this, 

Link1


Link2


Link3

I figured that should be no problem. Nope. For some reason, even after spreading the links out, they end up back close together again after I save the file. Must be an html thing?

Then I realized I probably wouldn't have to worry about how close together they are if I used one of those stylus pens- the kind you see on some credit card machines. I see Staples offers them. I'll stop by tomorrow and buy one.

6 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But what if you go into a store to buy one and they take one look at you and their gaydar goes off? And they say they won't sell to old closeted gay men? What will you do? Sue?

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Go elsewhere, or buy one online.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

You're rehearsing all the reasons I decided not to buy a tablet. That small screen in not compatible with trying to do video or anything fancy on your blog which is why I got another IMac instead. I'm following your progress closely!

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred:

Antich Auto has them as promotional items at the front desk.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Oh, really? Thanx. I have to go in there pretty soon for an oil change anyway.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

"You're rehearsing all the reasons I decided not to buy a tablet."

I can think of one thing the tablet is really nice for: checking out things online real quick.

Last night something on TV reminded me of a blurb I saw on Facebook or some such saying Charles Manson had died. I mentioned it to the wife. She was interested and suggested looking online, except the desktop wasn't on. It can take 5 to 10 minutes to get up and running, or so it seems.

I just grabbed the tablet. It booted up in a minute or two. Opened the browser and typed in "Charles Manson Dead". First link was to Snopes where it revealed the mention I saw was a ten year old hoax.

I would have still been waiting for the desktop to boot yet I'd already had the info. Tablet rocks for that.

As far as video, I don't believe I've tried any yet. My bum nephew has a Samsung S...something smartphone. When he's over sometimes he'll use it to show me a short clip of something. Even with a smaller screen, I'm pretty impressed at how well you can see the videos, except his phone probably has more ooomph than my tablet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home