Saturday, July 04, 2015

Trio AXS Tablet Update

I thought I had everything I needed set up on this new tablet. Stumbled on how to get my bookmarks imported from the desktop. They have it set up so the Google Chrome browser on the tablet can import them from the Desktop Chrome.. via Google.

What you do is go to the desktop Chrome and import bookmarks from Firefox. You have to make sure a box is checked in settings for "synching", or whatever it's called. On the tablet you have to register and log in with Google, or maybe it's Google+. Magically, my bookmarks appeared, although I discovered them by accident. Not sure when they actually showed up there.

They don't automatically update. I had to open Chrome on the desktop this morning, dump the old Firefox bookmarks and import the changed ones. Then the tablet picked up the change. One thing that bugged me at first is the bookmarks aren't as I'm used to on the desktop. They're a bunch of square files. Better than nothing I thought at first, then I realized since it's a touch screen, that's probably the best way to do it.

So one biggie solved. Now I needed to see if roboform would work with it. That's what I use to fill in my sweepstakes forms. I found it on Google Play, downloaded and installed it. Set it up and it works to fill in passwords, but I couldn't figure out how to fill in fields. I kept looking and looking, finally going to the roboform web site for answers. Then I check their support site only to find it doesn't work with Chrome, Firefox or other browsers. Just the Android one with the tablet.  Grrr...that really popped my bubble.

Problem with that is I'll have to figure out how to get my  bookmarks to that browser. That, and I can't seem to be able to get that other browser to open now.  

So still looking for answers and I found this Dashlane app that suggests it's used for Android, but the web page isn't really clear about that. It's starts out saying it can be used to fill forms with Android, but it reads as if they're talking about desk tops. I just sent them an e-mail asking to clarify. If they say it works with a tablet and Chrome, I'll dump roboform and use that. If not, I'm stuck...again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home