Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Eureka's Nuisance Property Proposal

The Times- Standard reports the city council unanimously agreed to introduce a nuisance ordinance for residential properties similar to the one passed for motels and hotels not too long ago. Unlike such ordinances in other cities, this one seems to require criminal actions be combined with physical problems to qualify as such a property.

I'm a bit leery of this. If nothing else, if occupants of a nuisance house are forced to vacate, where will they end up next? We happen to have pretty nice neighbors, but that could change. What if someone moves, their house ends up for rent, and the nuisance occupants end up living within sight of me? 

I realize everyone has to live somewhere and we're pretty lucky that we're surrounded by nice neighbors. Heck, even the druggie house folks a bit up the street, while dysfunctional, seem nice enough most of the time. I'd personally prefer the bad folks living where they are. I know. Easy for me to say where I'm living...at least for now.

1 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this. Too many whiners out there labeling too many things a nuisance. This ball will never stop rolling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home