Sunday, September 27, 2015

The Mars Announcement

CNN reports, and I heard it the radio yesterday, that NASA will make a big announcement Monday about finding something on planet Mars. My gut feeling says I'll be underwhelmed. I hope I'm wrong. I'm guessing finding water, or evidence of it. Anyone else want to take a guess?

Addendum: I've mentioned this book here before, but it's probably been a while. I read Mission To Mars by James Oberg back in the '80s. Oberg was a NASA guy and wrote about the concepts and plans for sending people to Mars.  

He had it all down, although I don't remember if he addressed current questions I have about its feasibility- a couple being solar radiation effects on people and a six month absence of gravity while enroute. He even got into making Mars more habitable by terraforming- introducing plant life to create more oxygen (hint: start with lichens).

Fascinating book, and the one review on Amazon says plans haven't changed much over the years. If I could sit down to read a book nowadays, I might well read it again.

4 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A candy wrapper.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Too funny.

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous A Guy said...

Missing socks from the dryer.

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those damn house keys! THATS where they are!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home