Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Petaluma Succeeding With Homeless Solutions?

The way the Santa Rosa Press- Democrat writes it, the Sonoma County town of Petaluma has made great strides in reducing the number of homeless on its streets. Nothing new from what I can see. They just provided housing for a bunch of them, along with having a police officer assigned to dealing with the homeless which I believe Eureka already does.

Well, goody for them, but paint me a bit skeptical. The article says something about them providing housing for homeless. No mention of how that works, where they're being housed, or how their new neighbors feel about it. That's one of my main concerns.

But, good luck to them and I'll wish them more success.

Meanwhile, one of San Francisco's newest shelter seems to have been a flop, with a shelter designed for 160(?) people only getting 20. Better luck next time? The whole article showed up when I first found it. Now I'm just seeing the headline, but I believe the article said the shelter was meant for 160 people.


1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's just a slogan. The shelters will be filled by refuges who don't have pets. (they hate dogs, label them unclean). The homeless have pets & refuse the stringent "offer" of exchanging their pet for a roof.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home