Thursday, March 24, 2016

Be An Uber Driver?

I've been thinking of that Uber taxi service ever since the guy at the Stanyan Park Hotel spoke with me about it and decided to see if they had any drivers up here. I thought about it even more after reading in the Times- Standard of a guy at Eureka's City Cab chastising the Fortuna City Council for not making it easy enough for their drivers to work in Fortuna. I thought, "How about Uber", since I'm asssuming there's currently no cab service in Foruna.

Found their web site and it appears they''re mostly in bigger cities But, I tried their Become a Driver link and Eureka, CA popped up as soon as I entered an E in the city field. Not sure just what that means. Maybe they might consider having some drivers up here?

Fortuna might be a different story, being so much smaller. I would think you'd spend most of your time there just sitting and waiting for calls. Anyway, maybe a job opportunity if your car is in good working order and gets decent gas mileage?

4 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

YES they have drivers up here. You should read my blog, Fred. We covered Uber recently and people left comments saying they had had pleasant experiences using Uber here

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I do read your blog, Julie. Guess I missed that one.

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In what city are Uber drivers available? From their website, I tried Eureka, Fortuna, Arcata, and McKinleyville and was told there are no drivers for these cities.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

Fred, I apologize- two people commented and I had thought they had used it HERE.Apparently not. Is in Redding though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home