Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Jager Tents The Homeless

I was out of town when it made the news so couldn't coment on it at the time, but I was surprised to hear of Eureka Mayor Frank Jager coming out in favor of a sanctioned homeless camp. Surprised, if only because I felt Frank wasn't really all that comfortable with taking constroversial stands on things aside from prayer at city council meetings.

I've no hard feelings over this, either. After all, this plan isn't any less likely to be a drain on the city than any of the oher proposals such as renting them all places to sstay. This keeps the homeless population limited to one area, at least when they're "home". Might be easier to close down a camp, if necessary, than to throw eveyone out of their city provided rentals. 

Plus, if they're all staying down at the camp, at least I don't have to worry as much about them moving in next to me.

2 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger dan said...

Glad to hear Jager is in favor of improving the situation for the homeless, but your title here is a exaggeration.
Jager TENTS the homeless would be more accurate. Third World answer to a First World problem.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Good point about the tents. I'll change that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home