Monday, May 16, 2016

A Gary Johnson Win is Plausible?

Interesting scenario from The Libertarian Vindicator explaining how Libertarian candidate for president, Gary Johnson, could win the presidency:

"This scenario is extremely plausible.  The 2016 election is turning out to be unique and unpredictable.  The two presumptive nominee’s of the Democrats and Republicans are extremely polarizing and people across this country have already started to look for an alternative.  Fortunately the Libertarian Party is the only ones on the ballot in all 50 states.  There is a real possibility that the map could turn out this way, and if that happened the election would be thrown to the House of Representatives.  We all remember from school that a candidate needs a majority of the Electoral College to win the Presidency and that would mean 270 votes.  In our scenario neither Clinton nor Trump gets close to that number."

I should hope so, but I'm not buying it. Seems to me people are too hooked on the two party system and I don't see Johnson winning any of the states listed, although I could be wrong on one or two. If the election did end up in the House of Representatives, why they think congress would choose a libertarian is beyond me. There's no doubt in my mind congress' votes would be strictly partisan- Rep vs. Dem which, under the current make up of the House, would mean a Republican win.


5 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Libertarians are gaining recognition and popularity. People are becoming more dissatisfied with being Democrats or Republicans. Although I once voted for Ross Perot,I am a registered Republican. However, recently learning about libertarian viewpoints leads my to think I've got a lot more libertarian in me than I realized. 60 years old, and getting a little wiser, hopefully.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Sally, you just did not cross over to the dark side in whole like many other Republicans and Democrats have.

The two party system allegiance by majority voters is appealing.

Two party system supporters are very similar, if not just aged exactness, carbon copies of those high school groupie types who followed all the time, mo individualism to be different......my oh my how the public education system breeds two party system supporters.

The turn of the 20th century was amazing in many ways for that generation back then; somehow, some greatly unamazing attributes also reered it's heads so to speak.

Time is what it takes to change, and apparently, a lot at that.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

" I've got a lot more libertarian in me than I realized."

You should register to vote as a libertarian, Sally. You can do it online.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Unfortunately,

Gary J. becoming prez is a pipe dream.

America is practicing insanity by continuance of successes for 2 Party System.

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Garys chances slimmed down even more now that he's seriously considering mr. NeoLibCon as his vp.
Libertarian's don't believe in stripping rights, but Gary seems to be hankering for that direction.
Somebody needs to inform Johnson that Rights are God given and are never to be up for vote.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home