Monday, May 09, 2016

Hardin Endorses Bud Rogers For 2nd District Supervisor

Not quite a formal endorsement, or is it, over at Lost Coast Outpost where local blogger John Hardin, runs down current county supervisor, Estelle Fennel, then plugs KMUD radio host Bud Rogers for the job.

I"m amused by Bud Rogers and listen to his radio show when I can- Edge of the Herd (or is it Heard?). For simplicity, I call Bud's show Conspiracy Central since he often deals with chemtrails and what not. Always a fun listen.

But who to choose for 2nd district supervisor? I'm not sure I've seen evidence of Hardin's accusations. For instance, the accusations we always hear of being beholden to developers

"Instead she found a new puppet master in a cadre of greedy developers who used their money and her slick low-key delivery to take over the Board of Supervisors."

Where's the beef? Maybe I don't get out much but I see no evidence of uncontrolled development in the county. Heck, I see little, if any.

I suppose it doesn't matter to me since I don't live in the second district so won't be voting in that one. I will be interested in seeing what issues come to the forefront in that race.
******
So what is the name of Rogers' show, anyway. Edge of the Herd, or Edge of the Heard? It would work ok either way since the theme of the show seems to be various conspiracy theories. You know; Edge of the Heard being those not often listened to.

I don't listen to it regularly as I usually don't listen to the radio Sunday afternoons. About the only time I do is when heading to UCSF and we pick it up on the car radio.

My favorite show of his that comes to mind was when he spent the whole time reading, word for word, out of some book he had. Finally, some lady who was listening calls in on the phone and asks him about some political oriented question. He simply replied, "Nah, I don't want to deal with that" and went right back to reading his book. Cracked me up.

Anyway, fun show if you've never listened in.

9 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look on Google Earth. You will see uncontrolled development everywhere. If you can't comprehend to what Hardin is referring then obviously you didn't read the article and/or you pay no attention to the operation of your county government. Please Fred, don't vote.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

The only place I've seen really grow in the 40+ years I've lived up here is Mckinleyville.

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

California Department of Finance says that Humboldt County's growth is 0%, hardly uncontrolled.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Uncontrolled? Huh?

Umm, development is controlled, otherwise government would not control it through processes.

Attack the process and the people involved, but dont contend that development is "uncontrolled" when their is a difference of association, either permit or not, either known or not......a mapping shows "what is known", but to say it's all uncontrolled....what a kick-start comical laugh to the day.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Exactly, and then the other regions of the county became increasingly disenfranchised because they were not getting opportunity ities for de elopment that McKinleyville was getting........see what happens when government at a higher level forces local level governments to meet minimum requirements on housing regardless of the fact that the higher costs of housing limits more housing from being built, a sorta natural economic cause and effect.

In McKinleyville, housing costs have been acceptable to more affordable to the first time home buyer because, believe it or not, developers helped out by securing the land years prior to excessive value appreciations........just think how much more a home would cost if "free market capitalism to buy land as a future investment" was not allowed?

Ya, the cries by potential buyers would be much louder if developers could not secure the land first and foremost.

What a country, Yakav Smirnof.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

If I lived in the 2nd district I would be tempted to vote for Bud Rodgers based on his hilarious response to the listeners politically based question!!! That did give us a fun start to our day!!!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lived here for 20 years. Who is John Hardin and why should I care?

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Hardin lives in Southern Humboldt and writes a blog the name of which escapes me now. I used to have it on my blog list. He's had some of his opinion pieces published lately in the Lost Coast Outpost.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home