Sunday, June 19, 2016

How To See The Internationl Space Station

I've always wondered if I could see the International Space Station as it passed by overhead. The Earth Sky News comes through again with info on that, although you have to wonder how well that would work around Eureka with our fog and clouds.

Never mind the fog and clouds, I wonder how practical such an effort would be anyway. I used this site to get location specific instructions for viewing the space station.It says that the station would have been visible from my house yesterday at 9:36 pm for 2 minutes at 12 degrees above the west- southwest horizon. The problem with that being there's large 3 story victorian house directly across the street from our house that would always be in the way. Regardless, I'll try to remember to keep looking.

They say the station looks like a meteor or satellite moving across the sky. I'm wondering if you might also see its actual shape, maybe with binoculars?

5 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're willing to go to a little more effort, I'd suggest getting the location specific instructions for a hilltop or open field, preferably out away from town where there is less light pollution, and go check it out there.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Fred You would have made a great Dad. Also I can easily see you in the teaching profession. I added the site to my home screen. Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day.😃

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

That was spectacfabulous.👆🔭😇

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

That was spectacfabulous.👆🔭😇

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you valiant and honorable H.O.J. You are too kind. My Phonics continue to serve me in good stead! Sweet dreams.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home