Wednesday, June 01, 2016

That Highway Patrol Show

Duh, duh, dah, duh, dah dah, da dah...

That's me doing the theme from that old tv show Highway Patrol. Remember that show back in the '50s or '60s? I was humming that theme the other day and asked the wife if she knew what it was. She didn't. Then I wanted to ask her if she remembered it because Broderick Crawford played the highway patrol boss guy, except I couldn't remember his name.. I showed her a picture of Crawford later and she still didn't remember him or the show.

How can anyone not remember one of the few tv shows you could watch when you played sick so you could stay home from school? Then again, Sheriff John's Lunch Brigade was regular viewing for me back then and she remembers that one.

Anyone else remember Highway Patrol? I watched it all the time but don't recall being all that excited by it. Not at all as good a show as the old Dragnet series. I'm not sure I'd get much of a kick out of watching Highway Patrol again today.

4 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

"In some states, it's called the State Troopers..." Yes, of course we remember Highway Patrol! But I agree Dragnet was a better show.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Hill Street Blues (a fave), Streets of Dan Francisco, Starskey and Hutch, 21 Jump Street, Andy Griffith (a fave), Miami Vice ( a Fave), Barney Miller, NYPD Blue

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Hill Street Blues (a fave), Streets of Dan Francisco, Starskey and Hutch, 21 Jump Street, Andy Griffith (a fave), Miami Vice ( a Fave), Barney Miller, NYPD Blue

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

The Magnificent Seven remake is here.

Starring:

Yul Brynner
Eli Wallach
Steve McQueen
Charles Bronson
Robert Vaughn
Horst Buchholz
James Coburn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home