Friday, July 29, 2016

N.C. Travelogue: Addendum

I forgot to mention something on my recent travelogue: Any other iced tea lovers out there. I'm an iced tea freak on hot summer days. When we left Willits the other day I had no iced tea. I didn't want to go "backwards" down the street, south to Burger King to get some and figured the mini mart at Safeway must surely offer iced tea. They didn't, so we headed  north and stopped at that small grocery on the east side of main street. They didn't have any either, and here I thought everyone was supposed to have iced tea for thirsty travelers.

I figured we could stop at Dave's Chevron in Laytonville. Being a big stopover for travelers, surely they must have some. Nope, although the manager told me they'd be getting a new machine soon, that would include iced tea.

so we headed north and just  a bit up the road the wife suggested stopping at the Long Valley Market and Deli. Just inside the store on the right was the deli and they had iced tea. They also had what looked like some good sandwiches in the deli display rack. We'll be back: The Long Valley Market and Deli in Laytonville.

4 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know. How about the Peg House in Leggett?

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Peg House has all kinds of stuff. I like the place. The wife isn't happy with their bathrooms, though. Someone told me years ago Dave's Chevron in Laytonville has the cleaneast bathrooms. They are clean but bathrooms at One Log House are spotless.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

The Peg House is pricey but awesome.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

As far as I know tea has anti-oxidant qualities. It should be available cold in warm weather and hot in cool weather. I drink hot tea everyday. Did you ever make sun tea?BTW,i left a comment on the first travel report.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home