Saturday, July 16, 2016

Northcoast Travelogue 7/16

Yep. As some of you might have guessed, I've been out of town, thus some of the cryptic posts I've made here the last week or so. I've found it's near impossible to post here using the Amazon Fire tablet and it's great to be back on my real computer. Watched part of a TV show last night I found amusing and will look for again. Great Minds with Dan Harmon was fun. Last night he was some gay guy that tried to introduce Harry Truman to gay rights. Fun show and stayed that way. Good explanation on Dan's part, I'll add. I was expecting him to spoil it and bring wedding cakes into the mix but he avoided that so I enjoyed the show. Stayed at at the Super 8 Hotel in Cloverdale last night- my new favorite place. I was surprised to wake up this morning to find I couldn't get cell phone service although I'm sure I had it last time we were there. Maybe it was my phone, though, as I got a NO Service message from Cloverdale all the way to Eureka. Gonna get a new phone, I guess, although I'd decided that before the No Service mess. At least part of the Willits bypass is open now. No signs to warn of it until you get outside Willits to the north, then a detour sign directing you to the right where you're led to the last half mile or so of the bypass. Not real exciting and didn't seem like a freeway at all. Seemed more like a copy of the current 101 of Willits north. Go give it a try.

4 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome home, Fred! Maybe your nephew could give you advise on selecting your next phone. It seems like alot of people put age have iPhones.

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is in response to Bob Wallace's comments on 7-13-16(Wed.) as it wouldn't let me post it there although I tried numerous times. Read"Why this Kittleman supports Trump"by Trent Kittleman for Maryland Reporter.com, dated 7-16-16. It has detailed facts relaying Trumps efficiency.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I'll likely buy a Samsung. Went into the U.S. Cellular office a few weeks ago and they had phones hooked up to power and you could play around with them. I was amazed at how quickly the Samsungs responded compared to my Alcatel- press the message icon and you went straight to messsages, unlike mine where you have to wait at least a few seconds or a minute.

They were fairly inexpensive, too, except I'm pretty sure you'd have to sign up for a USC plan to take advantage of the lower price. Don't want to do that so I'll probably go check Target and see what they have.

Funny thing is, I rarely use my phone. But, when I do, I want it to work and work quickly, not just sit there.

And this phone seems to have gone by the wayside. I tried it last night here at home and am still getting a No Service message.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're sure you paid the bill/phonecard? So far, I'm happy with the Walmart Family T Mobile (Rogue edition) pay a monthly bill. My highest bill so far has been$24.45. It would be$5.00 more (I think) if I didn't work for Wmart. It provides unlimited talk, text and web. Great for me as I don't have a computer etc. Of course if you're adverse to Wmart, it wouldn't be good for you.😃

 

Post a Comment

<< Home