Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The Freddy: Political Ignoramus?

I was laying on my living room couch yesterday watching M.A.S.H. An in- law, who shall remain nameless, but considers himself politically astute pops his head in my front door, looks at the TV and asks what I'm watching- himself probably never having watched M.A.S.H before. I told him I was watching MASH. He gets an incredulous look on his face and asks, "You're not watching the Republican convention?". I reply "No, why would I?" (and thinking about it, I have to wonder why he wasn't?). He goes on to say I could get a look at our next president. I tell him I'm not voting for Trump but voting for Gary Johnson. Mr. politically astute looks puzzled and asks who Gary Johnson is, asking something like "Is he a third?". I say Yes and the guy tucks his tail between his legs and leaves. I really feel he's the norm among most voters: Sees things as us vs. them or Red vs. Blue and can't comprehend anything other than that. Forgive me for not playing that game.

6 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. Voting for one of the establishment candidates from The Two Parties is throwing your vote away. I'm a Bernie supporter, so I have to vote Stein in November as the closest alternative. Johnson isn't all that bad either, certainly better than Trump or Clinton.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Just like cops, the two party system is going down in an ambush.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Just like cops, the two party system is going down in an ambush.

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

8:56, that has already been done. Remember Nader? He (and the Supreme Court gave us the wonderful world of W.

I am also a Bernie supporter and will vote for Clinton to keep Supreme Court appointments away from Trump and the R's in congress.

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, you're missing out on one of the funniest series on TV. Albeit, unintentionally. The RNC is, as the kids would say, de bomb.
Plagiarism, speakers with different ideas on how to execute Hillary.
They only have cruxifiction and beheading left.

The saddest part is that this shiest show is going all around the world. And this guy Trump will defeat "Radical Islamic Terrorism" with intelligence? Somewhere in a cave or harem in the middle east they must be laughing their camels off.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Today I have a day off, and tonight I'm watching the convention on PBS. And yes, I agree you are missing out, Fred. Eileen Collins(the first woman to command a space shuttle) just spoke. She was very inspiring. There are so many great speakers and interesting commentary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home