Thursday, August 18, 2016

When Otters Attack

Some of you might have heard of a couple kids that got attacked by otters in Lake Shasta. The Sacramento Bee titled their link to this video, " Video: Dad Describes Otter Attack" or something along that line. I was disappointed in what I found as I expected video of the actual attack. It does have a voiceover of the father telling what happened but it's more of a slide show showing photos of the kids with some- admittedly cute- pictures of otters.

Sally, if you don't follow this link, you're fired from this blog again.

3 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

back in late 80s i was swimming at indian valley reservoir with my old pup . swam out a couple hundred feet and we both climbed on a log . pup jumped in after a turtle and loved to swim underwater chasing things . soon something rubbed my feet and pup jumped in . an otter started playing with him under water . i was laughing and watching them play tag , otter nosed my pup and my pup tried to bite . 10 minutes later pup was on log next to me and never saw otter again .
yes , wild animals can be dangerous , even cute fuzzy ones but sometimes they can be fun.
hope the kids have no ill affects and hope it wont keep them from enjoying the great outdoors

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

The one otter video I loved just showed up on Facebook again a day or so ago. An otter in a tank at what seems to be a zoo. A little child runs across the front of the tank and the otter follows him. When the kind turns back, the otter turns and follows and continues following him back and forth. The kids loving it. Can't get enough of that one.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Fred, I tried and tried to make the video play, and it wouldn't on my phone. Otters are very playful and entertaining.😃I enjoyed your story, Rick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home