Sunday, September 11, 2016

Harry's Razors: My Review

Many of you might have seen the online ads for Harry's. They claim to make superior razors, solving all the problems guys have complained about over the years. You can see their list of 6 issues they claim to have fixed here. I'm not sure any of them have really been resolved.

I actually fell for their ads, although I signed up mostly out of curiosity. I don't think they solved anything, even my main complaint: I don't see the point in seeing how many blades one can fit on a razor. When I first saw their ad, for some reason their razor looked like it just had one blade. I wanted to support them for that reason alone so I ordered one.

I was disappointed upon receipt to find it had not one, but three, blades- no different than the Rite Aid brand I'd been buying.

But, it did seem awfully smooth and sharp out of the box- better than its Rite Aid brethren, but after some use I don't know that I'd say there's much difference, if any.

It is kinda nice how they send you new blades without having to order them. At first, I thought it was a freebie. Nope. Checking my credit card account I see they were charging me for them. I don't remember the exact cost or how it compared to Rite Aid brand, but I was being charged, and they sent them more often than needed. I finally e-mailed them and they stopped shipping them and billing me.

So there's not much to say other than I don't really see Harry's razors as any sort of innovation. Give one a try, if curious, but be sure and keep an eye on your credit card account and cancel if not interested in continuing.

3 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a Fusion Proglide that I have been using for over a year. I shave twice a week with it but clean the blades with water and Dry them on a clean towel.An old black smith told me about this and sure enough it works..

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i am neanderthal
no razor has touched my skin since i got out of the army in 77

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I shave every morning. I never dry the rezor off. I just set it aside a bit aways from the bathroom sink. The reason being, I found razor blades seem to corrode when left in damp areas like next to a bothroom sink. I figured that out after laying a bunch of blades on the bathroom counter, next to the sink. When I went to use one a few weeks later it almost pulled my hairs out it was so dull. I haven't had that problem since storning them in a drier spot. I'll use the same blade often for months that way and it works fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home