Monday, September 26, 2016

Tiny Houses

Some pictures of unique tiny home ideas here. Probably too expensive for use with Eureka's homeless problem, but neat nonetheless. I do think that one on a rock in the middle of a large river is probably a bad idea. At least its location.

This reminded me of something my brother in law's grandparents built in their back yard on Glatt Street in Eureka. 

They had a mother- in- law unit of sorts just outside their back door made of those sheet metal storage sheds you can buy at Sears. It was actually two adjoining rooms with one being a storage room and the other made for living, with most of the amenities as I recall. Really cute and I thought it would be a fun place to be in the rain with the aluminum roof.

Not insulated at all so probably real cold in the winter.

That idea is probably too expensive, too. I bought one of those sheds back in the '80s to use for storage at my place when I lived in Myrtletown. I recall it seeming pricey at the time but sitll less expensive than building a shed from wood. 

Not sure I'd recommend building one as construction required screwing in more screws at one time than I ever had before in my life, but that was before powered screwdrivers were commonplace.
 

2 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

http://www.treehugger.com/tiny-houses/simply-home-tiny-cohousing-community-portland.html. Here is a neat tiny home community in Portland, Oregon. A tiny home would be great for me! 😃

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Awwww...Sally's homeless??? I had no idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home