Sunday, October 09, 2016

Another TV Gimmick

We're always looking for a way to get away from high cable TV fees. Last night we saw a commercial for  Free TV Key. It seems to just be a compact antenna you connect to the cable plug on the back of your TV. Then you can watch broadcast stations- those being sent out like radio waves- for free.

It was only $19 and change to get one, although they don't advertise they charge $7.99 for shipping and handling. Still, a cheap enough experiment so I ordered one. 

We can plug it in, try it for a week and see how we like it. My one concern is whether MeTV and BBC are available on broadcast or just cable. Clear TV says they can't provide cable only channels.

We'll see how this works. If it's good enough, it could save us a bunch of money each month.

7 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

all tv signals are digital now and if you dont have digital tv then you will need digital converter

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

We have digital TV and didn't buy it all that long ago. I'm wondering about what channels aren't being broadcast? Some channels only go out on cable. We shall see.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

all my brother can get on antenna on F street is 3 channels . he tried that awhile when he first went to dish tv

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Thanks. It looks like I'd get "All Channels", although I don't see a list of them. We'll give this a try and see how it works. If I'm not satisfied, I can always hook the cable back up.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger gabriele gray said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1jWG--meK0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j1pI7ZCMzU

Same brand...

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Thanks for the links but I don't have sound on this computer. Lost it weeks ago and have been unable to get it going again. Drives me nuts when there's a video I want to watch.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

most youtube vids have closed caption now
botom of video is CC , click and read
just for info , that bottom video , the guy didnt get any stations and said waste of money . didnt watch top one

 

Post a Comment

<< Home