Monday, October 24, 2016

Dealing With A Stressful Election

Time magazine tells us this presidential election is a significant source of stress in many people's lives. They offer tips for dealing with it.

It's not that big of a deal to me, believe it or not, despite my multiple posts related to it. I'm normally amused, albeit also a bit sad, when I hear of Republicans and Democrats arguing among themselves over what I consider tweedledee and tweedledum. One difference in this case is I usually have one major party candidate I'll deem my favorite. I can't say that this time.

So go ahead and get pissed off and upset, or maybe follow Time's tips for dealing with the election. Just leave me out of it, please. I'm just along for the ride.

2 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was no stress in the Fair & Equal debate from CO. They were polite, stuck to the questions, and even trifacted a time or two.
Rocky won my heart, but lost my cranium on a few issues.
Gloria is a data machine, with preconclusive outcomes.
Darrell is accountable, wasn't quite on his game, but still won my vote.
Every single on of them, plus the hostess, moderator & audience completely agreed with the rightfully placed scorn & disappointment with Gary & Jill.
Gary was too terrified to debate. Jill broke her promise to debate. They both played into the big boys hand.
The debate intro begins at 3:01:50.
Spoiler: Scorn at 3:05, & again at 4:58, 4:59, 5:01, 5:02.

Lily Tang gave a great campaign speech at the beginning, 2:50:00

Each candidate answered the same question. The questions were:
North Dakota pipeline
Whistleblowers
Drug war
Middle East wars & the military industrial complex
TPP
Oligarchy
Healthcare
College
Electoral ballots

The youtube recording. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-BXjmU3Cs7w

 
At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The times given are all in the 3rd, 4th & 5th hours, not minutes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home