Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Halloween Sucks!

Long time readers here know I'm not a fan of holidays. It doesn't really matter which one: Christmas, Easter...yep, I'm a real stick- in- the- mud, but proud of it.

The point I want to make here is those of us that don't put up Halloween decorations likely aren't interested in participating. Don't come knock, knock, knocking on our front door. That would seem to be common sense yet parents of those damned trick or treaters seem to encourage their kids to knock anyway.

I think we make it fairly obvious we're not interested: No decorations, all but one or two lights on. What does it take to get those little shits to leave us alone?

Truth be told, I think the wife enjoys participating, but she doesn't overtly tell me. She'll say "some people enjoy doing that"- meaning her, but that's her and not me. Leave our house alone on Halloween, please.


P.S: and then there's adults that you think would know better. I was over at Johnny Maniac's earlier today and he asks me if I'll help him put Halloween decorations up. Whatever, but being a year or two older than me you'd think he'd have outgrown this sort of thing. I should have slapped him. I wonder if all the Bernie and Hillary fans suffer from arrested development?

It's probably not to soon to stop by the I Hate Christmas Facebook Group. I'll drop in there tomorrow.

 Fred, Eureka's stick in the mud

8 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

the last year i did halloween i made mistake of BBQing chicken on front porch . only have front porch so thats where i do it . but just after last turn and 3rd group of kids or so , i went in to get salad dished up and side dish ready and after 15 minutes or so went out to get dinner only to see 3 older kids running out the gate with my dinner burning their hands .
that was 30 years ago or so and lock my gates now .

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred, turn off your porch light. It's the universal sign for "no candy inside."

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

We always leave our porch light off, unless I'm expecting someone to come by.

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Bushytails said...

I find turning the exterior lights off to be sufficient to keep people away.

 
At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you Fred, about Halloween, the most annoying & intrusive holiday of them all. Knock knock bark bark bark, Do you have any candy without dexterlovesustopieces chemicals?
Go away.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Or, where a clown mask, chase em off your property, teach the little shits not to trespass, and teach the adult with a fuck your kid moment!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Unfortunately, bad americans are people who just think it is ok to tralalalala onto private property, intruding their unwanted lifestyles onto others.....it is panhandling and if the Eureka/ EPD won't apply panhandling to trick or treaters, then just another fuck you example by whacked out Eureka politics......

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Security Gates,surveillance, signs,etc....gubbamint don't protect residential private property owners......and there is enough sinister gubbamint reasons that position too......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home