Monday, October 24, 2016

Info On Prop 61

Capital Public Radio has an article with info on Prop 61, that prescription drug initiative on the ballot next month. After reading the article, I'm still not sure about it, although I voted No on it the other day when I turned in my absentee ballot. From what I can discern from the article I have no problems with my No vote. If nothing else, this initiative does have potential for problems in listing and pricing of drugs.

I do know I went into the Eureka Veteran's Affairs office not long ago to see about getting a refill on  a prescription. I was told one drug was "V.A. drug", but mine wasn't. At the end of it all, the clerk told me to have my doctor renew my prescription and just have it sent to Rite Aid pharmacy then they'd take care of it in one way or another.

I figured why bother and just went to Rite Aid to have the prescription renewed. I'll probably try it again with the V.A. next time. I"m wondering if we did something wrong? 

That does give me the feeling, though, Prop 61 might well be a mess if passed and implemented. How much it will affect the consumer remains to be seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home