Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Happy Solstice

About the only event remotely considered worth celebration that I acknowledge, Earth/ Sky News reminds us today is the Winter Solstice. That's when the sun reaches it's lowest point in the Northern Hemisphere and we have our shortest day and longest  night. That is reason for celebration. I just wish it would start getting warmer, but we've likely some time before that happens. Seems to me February usually brings our colder weather and snow up here. After that I'll look forward to it getting warmer. As I wrote elsewhere, every year I get older, it feels a degree or two colder.

3 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any idea why you feel colder as you age? I checked the weather history in Eureka and it is not getting colder. I wonder why you feel a degree or two colder every year. At what point of your life in Eureka did you feel the warmest?

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

It used to be, back in my 20s and 30s- maybe even 40s, 55 degrees was t shirt weather. Now I need a sweatshirt or more to handle 55 degrees.

Not sure when it started. It's an old guy/ age thing. I recall going and visiting an in-law years ago. She'd have her wood stove blasting away full force and it would be uncomfortably hot for me, despite it seeming fine outside. She was like 80 years old.

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The good news is, the new polar under garments (long johns) are comfy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home