Saturday, December 31, 2016

Sacramento Bee Teaches Pot Growing

I was almost appalled to find an article in the Sacramento Bee yesterday on how to grow pot. Not quite appalled but I did wonder if I should leave a comment to the story: Do you really think it's appropriate to have instructions on how to grow pot in what's supposed to be a family oriented newspaper? After all, we don't want everyone growing pot, do we?

Nothing too specific or revealing in the article. Mostly just comparing advantages of indoor vs. outdoor growing with a little info on indoor growing needs. Nothing of much use to me other than being a fun read.

4 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

growing pot isnt hard .plant , water , a little organic miracle grow and lots of sun .
whats hard is keeping thieves and ripoffs off your property at 2-4 am when your sound asleep and no dog .
i grew pot back in the 60s till dad pulled them thinking some kind of weed . and all i did was drop a few seeds as i was rolling joints in the garden .
now if you want todays hybreds , thats a different grow altogether

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Yep. As I wrote earlier, I tried a few times to grow pot when I was a kid. No problem starting the seeds and the plants took off, but I'd end up pulling them up when I'd get worried someone would find them.

The biggest one I ever had got to maybe 2 1/2 feet before I got paranoid and pulled it up.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger MOLA:42 said...

"After all, we don't want everyone growing pot, do we?"

Yes we do.

I had a room mate a long time ago that grew pot on the porch. Since we never used that door he walled it off with a clear-ish tarp and turned it into a greenhouse of sorts. But he couldn't leave it alone and kept "harvesting" his plants all year around, never got bigger than two or three feet.

I think he smoked the leaves, which would be a very bourgeois thing to do nowadays I guess.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

That's what I did with that 2 1/2 footer I pulled up: dried it up and smoked the leaves. Yes, it gave me a buzz.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home