Friday, January 27, 2017

The Weather Channel Web Site Is Back

I never realized how much I go to the Weather Channel's web site until it stopped working a few days ago. The page would come up, but without information. That's where I'd normally go for current temperatures and other conditions. I felt lost without it. 

But how to fix it? Best I could figure was send an e-mail to info@weather.com. That works with some web sites but my e-mail bounced as undeliverable. Then I think I tried support@weather.com and that one seemed to go through. I just explained the problem I was having but I never got a response.

I used Accuweather.com as a substitute but it didn't provide all the information I was used to. Yesterday it occurred to me a different browser might help and Google Chrome did get the site working again. A few hours later I tried it with Firefox and it seemed to be up an running.

I feel whole again, although I'm ashamed to admit I became so dependent on one web site, especially a somewhat lame one like weather.com. It used to be better, at least a lot faster. Then they did an upgrade and their "new and improved" site wasn't anywhere as good as the old one, as is often the case with web sites.

4 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

accuweather , weather channel and weatherunderground are all owned by the same company . i can see all 3 and all3 have different forecast and different currant temp and different weather history .
sometimes i just look outside and its a better right now forecast . i've seen accuweather say its raining and outside clear blue sky or says its all blue sky and its raining .
i check all of them and then make my own forecast
but its nice to see ahead when planning camping or day trips & hiking with pup

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I generally rely on doppler radar via intellicast.com for a rain forecast, regardless of what the weather sites say. Doppler radar is usually a better indicator of rain, yet I remember it pouring down rain in Eureka once and doppler radar showed it all clear. I'm assuming the radar wasn't working.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

they all use the same radar sites . san fran , eureka , portland and seattle . thats the only 4 radar sites san fran to canada and they all use them . doesnt matter if called doppler or not. i also like accuweather cause you can use satallite radar combo and see cloud cover or fog and use national weather service ( NOAA ) ad look at water vapor
its fun looking at all the sites and then laughing at how much they differ

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

I've noticed the Weather Channel's doppler radar tends to make the weather seem more extreme with lots of red and yellows added when intellicast might just show mostly green.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home