Tuesday, February 07, 2017

City of Eureka Updates Web Site

The City of Eureka announced, via an e-mail, that they've upgraded their Parks and Recreation web site. I'd never been to the site before so will leave to you that have to decide whether the new site is an improvement. As I've complained before, it seems to me the vast majority of new and improved web sites are anything but and the entities involved need to follow the old adage, If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

They have a new list of city sponsored recreational activities including classes and such(pdf file). That's real nice but, call me the stick- in- the- mud again, I question whether the city should be involved in recreational activities at all.

I'll admit to not having any idea how much this sort of thing costs the city in the long run. It just seems to me private organizations can put this sort of stuff together then let the city advertise it and perhaps provide a place for it to happen, should it not get too involved doing so. If that's the way it actually works, then I suppose I have no complaint.

1 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

The county website sucks, that is why Virginia Bass is desiring her own newsletter.

Virginia understands local gubbamint is ineffective so she has to do it herself.

Virginia is only admitting the truth about patchwork county operations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home